Before I start, I really do feel that I should apologize. You may find it difficult to just eat one, two, three. Oatmeal and walnuts may sound healthy but these little tasty sweet nuggets are amazing… and shhhh, not healthy. Go ahead and make them anyway. You will love them and so will your family and co-workers!!!!
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar, finely packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 eggs
- 18 oz. (3 c.) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift the flour before measuring, then re-sift with soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugars, vanilla, and water. Beat with an electric mixer about 2 minutes, until creamy. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add the sifted ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, until very well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until just lightly browned. They are best taken out when barely tanned and where you still think they are gooey. Let cool and enjoy!